Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dearest Mime's,

Ah, how I love the honesty.  Especially when it is SO honest, yet brave and beautiful at the same time.  I hear the pitter-patter of a freshly-bathed boy running around upstairs, so I only have a moment.  But let me just remind us of some of the things we KNOW:

1.)  According to an Unidentified Source (as you know, an U.S. is only that way because I cannot remember what or who the source is), it takes 28 days to make a new habit.

2.)  If you squint, it's more like 280 DAYS.  But that's ok...because of The Journey.

3.)  You don't have to do ANYTHING "real" or "athletic" for the 5 minutes (Gasp!) Remember??  Just flop, jump, skip or do whatever---as long as it is intentionally to count for the 5 minutes---for 5 minutes.

Some ideas:
a.  whilst telling a story about your day to D.H. (dear husband), gesture WILDLY and hop about effusively for effective story-telling.  OR do this as bedtime story for your children.
b.  do anything you want whilst watching the first 5 minutes of your favorite program.
c.  just do laundry MORE enthusiastically, with gusto.

See??  Now, I don't want you to get all caught up in the "what should I do for my 5 minutes today??" thing.  When you are thinking that to yourself, just start jumping around and timing yourself.

Ok, so now I REALLY really have to stop theorizing and DOING IT.  Thank you for pulling me out of the Pit/Bad Place by asking for advice.  You KNOW giving advice energizes me, if nothing else!!

loves
BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment