Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's better than nothing

Does wrestling your kids into bed after a VERY long day count as exercise? It sure as heck should, cause it uses every muscle in your body and then some.

Just a quick update to say I'm still plugging along...a whole 7 days into it now :-)
Yesterday, I walked for 35 minutes in the morning and today I did 5 minutes of situps and leg lifts before going to dinner. Nothing too exciting, but I still am feeling pretty good.

And I do realize that 5 minutes may seem absurd to some, but so far it's way better than the guilt of not exercising at all.

I know several people have tried to comment and it doesn't go through - you have to push the Submit button again after getting that weird error message and then it will. Sorry! But please do comment if you want - we LOVE it!

That's it for me - screaming kids will do that to you :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you through the Lucy in the Sky blog and I think you are hysterical! Maybe you don't mean to be, but what you have to say is so real, so close to home, that it just makes me laugh. I could be saying all that, if I were at all funny. Anyway, I think I might be somewhat inspired to join you in your 5-minute routine...after this glass of vino!

    Lynn from http://howdoyoumeasureayear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I just had my first baby 4 months ago (just before I turned 38). I've also been thin and trim but that's been because of good genes. Now I can't get into my old jeans. I would much rather spend my clothing money on the new baby girl than buying myself stuff (especially when there are perfectly good clothes in the closet!) Hubby suggested working ut with him. Ha! I've never worked out, mostly for all the reason you've talked about. So I am going to try this challenge. Any type of exercise I want, 5 minutes a day, every day. I can do that!

    ReplyDelete