Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Intentions

Dear Mimi,

Thank you for your lovely letter and words of kind encouragement.  I too enjoyed our conversation on the phone during Vino Hour.  Thanks to KrisJ and your momma's suggestions under the post "Flaky", I was able to combine two Great Loves--talking to you and drinking wine---AND do my five minutes!!  And I didn't even fall down.  So I was mostly just running in place and/or around downstairs, and at the end of the five minutes had to follow my trail and clean up the little splashes from my vino glass.  No biggie fries, because I was so proud to have done my 5 minutes!  What's a little spill here and there.

As to the Prevention magazine and its contents...its whereabouts are questionable at this moment.  I happen to be typing next to a rather large (and growing) pile of papers, magazines, etc. on my desk.  I suspect it is somewhere in there.  When I trouve it, I will write about my findings.

However, I do have one idea for you for your 5 minutes:   Happy Dancing.  It is something that children LOVE too (well, mine does at least) so it ALSO gives you a "good mama" feeling of doing something playful and fun with the kiddos.  A big fave of mine is Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough".  Highly suggest.  Lots of flailing, flinging, flopping; whatever you feel like doing.

Now.  You know that I too am a BIG fan and believer in the "right Outfit concept."  However, I worry that we may allow the outfit to deter us from actually DOING the 5 minutes (ahem, H. Bucket...contrary to your comment to Mandy about making sure she is wearing the right outfit).  So, I want to remind you that even though it IS sometimes about the outfit (as definitely was the case for the marathon), for the 5 minutes in particular, it is NOT about the outfit.  Wouldn't you agree???

loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment