Monday, September 28, 2009

Large and In Charge

Let's see...would this be an accurate representation of how I am currently feeling? Um, yes, yes it would. Except for the "In Charge" part. So, that leaves "Large". Fab.

I have a huge confession. Not surprisingly to some, I have in fact NOT done my 5 for about 5 days now. I know. I have broken the covenant (correct use of word, yes?).

Why, you say? Um, I may have gotten distracted by a shiny object, or got busy and tired, or drank too much vino in celebration of BFF's birthday, or...well, you know.

I am going to go ahead and say this is all for a very good cause though. That's right. I think it has been a good part of the experiment. BECAUSE it has actually shown me that the 5 a day really work. Within a couple days of not doing it (even when I was literally doing 5-6 minutes a day) I started to feel 'floppy' and 'gross' again whereas before I was 'fab' and 'perf'.

My sweet, sweet Mama has continued to gush over me every time she sees me, exclaiming "See? See? It's your 5 a day!!! Look at you!!! So Skinny!!!" Haven't had the heart to tell her. Could she be any more encouraging? I think not. MWAH, Mama!

BFF and I had a good talk about The Journey when I confessed my sin. We tend to be so black and white. Just screw it! Screw it all! We've messed it up, it's not perfect, let's drown ourselves in ice cream. No, no, we said (with great maturity) Life Is A Journey. Twisty, turny paths. Sometimes double back on yourself, but alas always moving forward. IT'S OK TO NOT BE PERFECT.

Good, I feel better. But, now is the tricky part. Actually starting again. Because I know myself and the absolute hardest part is to start again, although I know how great I will feel, how it works, blah blah.

Any motivation out there? Words of wisdom? TELL ME NOW.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment