Sunday, September 20, 2009

Too busy being athletic

Dear BFF,

I have sadly neglected posting recently, but BUT I am STILL DOING MY 5. Every Day. Haven't missed a day. I swear. How long has it been now? A year? Oh - not yet, you say? My mistake.

Several interesting developments:

- I don't want to freak you out...but BUT I have lost 3 pounds. I'm not kidding.

- I was complimented by someone that is not my husband (it's ok - he was there and approved.)

- I have inspired at least two people that I know of (ok - it's my mom and sister, but still).

- I have gotten you, dear one, to do your 5 for one day at least (whilst conversing with me). This was after a lengthy convo about how I was becoming too successful at the 5 a day.

- I think that's all the developments.

Anyway. Highly enjoyed this email from you this week:

"Had very deep, insightful thought today about how we should love our bodies, blah blah. then caught STARTLING glance of my upper arm in the elevator mirror and scarce could make it out of the elevator before frantically looking for someplace to do triceps. Or anything. must melt THAT!! then had revolutionary thought again about loving our bodies, accepting, something. ehh, don't really remember the specifics."

I am needing more ideas for the 5! What was in the Prevention?? I have been doing a lot of (give or take): situps, pushups, leg lifts, etc before bed because I haven't had time to do anything else before. Walked for lengthy period a few times. I need to go back to yoga, but work, kids, ya know LIFE has gotten in the way.

BUT seriously, doing 5 a day (or more) - it adds up. I am feeling fairly pleased. PLEASE continue your series.

Love,
Mimi

2 comments:

  1. While I am pleased to hear that you, Mimi, have made the move into the rarified ranks of Those Who Exercise Daily, I must ask a most essential question: are you Properly Attired during this activity? One must maintain one's dignity even while exercising. And I do hope, dear Mimi, you are refraining from perspiring. It is nearly impossible to to be dignified while perspiring.
    Sincerely yours,
    H. Bouquet

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm pretty impressed that H. Bouquet posted here. (By the way, is that pronounced 'Bucket'?) Very important message that she put forward.

    So now I have a question: if I don't do my 5 minutes a day, but the go to Curves one day, can I count that thirty minutes on the 'circuit' for six days worth, getting cred for spreading the thirty out over the week 5 minutes at a time?

    ReplyDelete