Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Comfort Zone

definitely OUT of the comfort zone this morning.

JUST finished a good, hearty 5.  check!!  It's a good feeling to know that it's 8:18 and I've already made this choice for myself.  something really clicked last night when we were watching the Biggest Loser.  Everyone talks about how they now realize that they deserve this for themselves; that they finally want to get healthy for themselves.  It's very emotional, and a powerful experience for them.

And I thought, by NOT doing my 5 daily, what am I telling MYSELF about how i value my own health and well-being?  it's a strong message, i realized.  so without planning it, i popped out of bed this morning and just wanted to send myself a strong message that i CARE!

so it's raining.  and cold.  and i ran in the rain and got wet.  and i'm not going to lie; i DID feel slightly like a triumphant, although perhaps slightly less Italian and muscular, Rocky.  but it was only 5 minutes and guess what?  it wasn't bad!!  it was actually GREAT.

what message are YOU giving yourself today??

much love-
BFF

2 comments:

  1. this is exciting! so glad you all are minuting and blogging again! inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I absolutely love this. I love thinking of you running triumphantly in the rain. You are inspiring ME because that is a great message to not put yourself dead last after everything and everyone else.

    love you!
    mimi

    ReplyDelete